Thursday 19 June 2014

Black Stars: The Brave Heart Warriors


Although Black Stars lost against US, their style of played fit in the quote from the film Brave Heart (1995) starring Mel Gibson, which said “They fought like warriors; they fought like Scotsmen; and won their freedom.”

As a nation, many have given up on the Black Stars, many reported at work places with bloodshot eyes, and mood so vile, to turn the waters dark. The negative comments that were bellowed, need I not say much on that.
But kindly permit me to share with you few lines from the song of Right Said Fred- Stand Up for the Champions;

I was built to be the best
Number one and nothing less
Leave me to my destiny
I have waited patiently
I have vision' oh I believe
I know I can count on me
……It's just life that's how it is
Cause we have our strengths and weaknesses
…And when I fall down
I have to pick myself back up
(Chorus)
So stand up stand up for the champions
For the champions stand up

There is not going to be a critic, of coach, players, fans, nor of soccer pundits: but instead, I will bounce out with a favourite quote of mine.



“When your whole life is focused on winning, you lose many things; your perspective, your sense of reality. In a place like this, you recognize your true size. You can always be a winner, but you cannot be first. “Good luck to the Black Stars; go and make us proud. Shalom.



No comments:

Post a Comment